Biodynamics of Osteopathy was originated by James S. Jealous, DO. It is based on the science of Osteopathy, founded by A.T. Still, MD, DO and Osteopathy in the Cranial Field developed by W.G. Sutherland, DO.
It works with the Original Blueprint of the Health to assist in releasing your injury pattern and restoring your Health.
Biodynamic Osteopathy treats the body as a unified whole through creative, generative processes that are present during growth and development of the embryo which then become regenerative, restorative and healing forces present throughout our lives. These regenerative forces restore the:
- Unity of spirit/body/mind
- Nervous system
- Musculo-skeletal system
- Lymphatic and immune system
- Endocrine system
The Innate Wisdom
The unity of Spirit/Body/Mind contains the Innate Wisdom of the Original Blueprint of the Health and knows how to heal. This Innate wisdom is:
- Inherently intelligent and aware of the whole individual
- Always moving toward a state of greater health and balance
How Biodynamic Osteopathy works:
- The trained physician uses gentle hands on skills called Indirect Action, where no force is used to make corrections
- During the treatment, the physician synchronizes with the movement of Primary Respiration and the Breath of Life, following the Direction of Ease as the patient experiences deep rest and relaxation
- Injury patterns are transmuted (change form) from restricted motion to freer movement throughout the body, forming new health patterns
- Nerve flow, blood flow and oxygen delivery are increased to the tissues and organs, while inflammation is decreased through improved lymphatic exchanges
With Biodynamic Osteopathic treatment you may experience:
- Progressive restoration of the Health
- Decreased pain
- Greater movement throughout the body
- Progression toward your True Self
The time frame and number of treatments vary depending on the nature of the injury or problem.