What is Integrative Holistic Medicine?
Integrative Holistic Medicine is “the art and science of healing that addresses care of the whole person: body, mind, and spirit.” IHM:
- Develops an affirmative relationship between the practitioner and the patient
- Focuses on the person as a whole
- Is informed by scientific evidence
- Incorporates all therapeutic approaches, healthcare professionals and disciplines that can lead to health and healing
Integrative Holistic Medicine practitioners view the physical, mental, spiritual, emotional and environmental aspects of life as closely interconnected and equally important in treatment.
What is the Healing Journey?
The healing journey is a partnership between patient and physician. My practice focuses on treating each patient as a unique individual, to best help you heal, restore and maintain your optimum health.
I strive to identify and correct the underlying cause of discomfort, illness, and disease, to restore and promote health, to prevent illness and to help you age healthfully. In addition to my role as a doctor, my intention is to help educate you about your condition and adopt your healthiest life-style choices.
What Is My Approach to Integrative Holistic Medicine?
- The foundation of Internal Medicine
- Biodynamics of Osteopathy in the Cranial Field
- Functional/Nutritional Medicine
- Stress Reduction through Repatterning Genetic Memory
How Do I Treat My Patients?
We begin with a detailed and complete overview of each patient, which includes:
- Current and past medical history
- Surgeries and any trauma
- Family and social history
- Medications and supplements
- Diet, exercise, environmental and travel history
- A complete physical exam
- A review of previous labs and other diagnostic tests
Next, depending on the presenting problem, we will pursue:
- Osteopathic treatment to restore balanced functioning of the nervous, immune and musculo-skeletal systems
- Further lab/diagnostic tests to evaluate metabolic status and nutritional needs
- Life-style modification: diet, exercise, relaxation and inspiring hobbies
- Stress management as it relates to restoring your health and well-being to include meditation techniques to handle stress
*Definition Source of Integrative Holistic Medicine: American Board of Integrative Holistic Medicine